Last modified on June 24, 2022.
👋 Hello there! Welcome to Soons!
Soons is a social network that allows you to join your friends in real life. How does it work? Tap on friends, they receive a "Ping" notification asking them if they are free. If they answer "Pong", a chat opens so you can join each other. If it's "Pass", it will be for next time.
It's a new generation application, designed so that you spend as little time as possible on your phone and as much time as possible in real life, with your friends, around a fun activity. So that digital is really at the service of the real.
We understand that your privacy is important to you, especially with respect to your location, so protecting your privacy is very important to Soons.
We strive to provide you with data-friendly features that give you visibility and control over what you share and emphasize that Soons will never sell your data to third parties or process it in ways you are not aware of.
Your personal information is any information that relates to you or identifies you. Because this information is about you, we make sure that you retain control of it.
The Policy is an integral part of the 🎮 Terms and Conditions of Use (the "Terms") :
- as such we use the same definitions in both documents.
- It also means that by accepting the Terms, you confirm that you have read and accept this Policy without limitation.
👀 1. Introductory remarks
The processing of your personal data is subject to French law, in particular to Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, relating to information technology, files and freedoms, as amended (the so-called Loi Informatique et Libertés), as well as to EU Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR").
When you use our services, you share personal data with Soons SAS, which is responsible for processing your data. In this capacity, we undertake to comply with the legal provisions in force and to process your personal data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner. We guarantee you that this processing is within the framework of explicit and legitimate purposes and that the duration of the processing of your data does not exceed the time necessary for the purposes for which your information is collected and processed.
What you should know:
Your profile information (including last name, first name, photo, date of birth) on Soons is public so you can easily find your friends and connect with other Users.
In order for you to get the most out of our services, Soons offers you the ability to use geolocation, which means accessing and storing your geolocation data.
If you have any questions about our Policy or if you want to access or correct your data or ask us to delete it, you can send us an e-mail at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please see the section "Your Rights to Your Data" below.
We have a data retention and deletion policy in place that specifies how long we store your information. Generally, we keep the information we collect for as long as you use the App. If you do not open the App for more than 12 months, we may delete your Account. For more information, see "How long we keep your information".
If you live in the European Union, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence. For example, if you live in France, you can file a complaint with the [CNIL] (https://www.cnil.fr/).
You have the right to give us instructions regarding the processing (deletion or retention) of your personal data.
You will find in this Policy all the information about your data when you use our Services.
📮 2. information we collect
In order to provide you with access to Soons and its Services, we may collect several categories of information about you, for different purposes, legal bases for processing and retention periods.
We collect two categories of information: (A) information you provide to us and (B) information we obtain when you use Soons. We provide you with a summary of all this information in the table below (C).
📩 A. Information you give us
When you use our Services, we collect the information you choose to give us:
👤 Registration: lwhen you register on Soons, you provide us with your last name, first name, date of birth, phone number and profile picture. This information is mandatory for the opening of your Account, it allows us to authenticate your Account. Your age allows us to verify that you are of legal age to access our Services, your name, your first name and your profile picture are used to identify you on Soons and your phone number allows us to authenticate your Account.
Once on the application you can also fill in optional information such as your email address to be kept informed of our communications.
💬 Communications: in order to respond to you in the best possible way, we keep track of the exchanges you have with the Soons teams, whether via the App or at email@example.com. This can be the case when you have a concern, make a request or answer a survey on the quality of our Services for example.
📸 Cameras and photos: with your consent, Soons may access your phone's camera or photo library, to fill in your profile photo.
📒 Address book information: with your consent, Soons may access your contact book so that you can find your friends already on Soons more easily and invite your friends to sign up on the App.
📬 B. Information we obtain when you use our Services
When you use our Services, we also collect information about how you use them. This allows us to constantly improve your experience on Soons.
🔌 Login Information we collect your IP address, login times and dates, your registration date.
🤳 Information about your phone: we collect the name and model of the phone, the version of the operating system, the language of the phone, breakdowns of the App, especially to correct bugs and ensure your safety on the App..
🕺 Information about your interactions with other Users: we collect information about the number of Friends and Dates you have, the number of friend requests and invitations to events, the Users you interact with the most (their names, times and dates of your exchanges, the number of messages sent or events proposed or responded to, the time you open your messages). This allows us to understand what you like about the App, so that we can improve our Services and always match your expectations as closely as possible.
🍭 Information about how you use our Services: we collect information about how you use our Services, including the creation of events you host or respond to, the associated emoji, the title of the event, the addresses where your events take place, the guests at the events.
🌎 Location Information: we collect location information to make it easier for you to use the Services and therefore your experience on Soons. For each event, the App offers you the ability to share your exact location with friends you invite to your event. We also offer you the ability to locate your friends on a map in relation to your location when they create an event to which you are invited. Use of these Services requires your consent to the collection of your geolocation data, which we retain and keep private.
If you do not want Soons to collect your location information, you can refuse to give permission to access your location when offered when you are on a page that displays a map on the App. You will still be able to use all of the Services in the App, except the "Join Your Friends" feature, which requires access to your current location.
You may change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent to such processing. Conversely, you can decide at any time to give your consent after having refused such processing. All you have to do is change the permissions given to the App in your phone settings.
🖼 C. Summary table
👩🍳 3. How we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to operate our Services, develop them, improve them, update them and secure them.
- to communicate with you via the App or by email, whether to respond to requests you make of us, or to contact you to find out what you like about Soons.
- To create statistical studies, track and analyze usage trends on the App. For example :
- to make anonymous, aggregate statistical studies, without disclosing your identity, or to identify groups of users by category (by country, age range, phone type, etc.).
- to make statistical studies, nominative and non-nominative, in order to improve the user experience and ergonomics of the App and the Services, to make statistical analyses and to personalize the Services.
- To provide you with a personalized experience on Soons. For example, by suggesting friends or events that you might like, displaying your best friends or your most popular activities in the App.
- to enhance the security of our products and services, for example, by detecting and preventing excessive friend requests
- to evaluate the success of our marketing campaigns, for example, to see how you found out about and installed Soons.
- to send you notifications: this is what allows you to know when your friends invite you to an event, for example, or when you receive friend requests, when you receive messages from your friends, or when they respond to your invitations to events. Of course, if you don't want to receive them, you just have to deactivate them in the system settings.
- to verify your identity, prevent fraud, or other illegal activity, to ensure your safe use of our Services.
- to enforce our Terms and other usage policies.
- to store some information locally on your phone, which will allow you to open the App and view content as quickly as possible.
📚 4. Legal basis for the use of your data
As a company based in Europe, Soons must process the data described above in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR. The "legal bases" that allow Soons to use your personal data are as follows:
💼 Fulfillment of the contract
When you use Soons, you agree to the Terms, and there is a contract between you and Soons. You agree to use Soons in accordance with the Terms and we agree to provide you with our Services in return. One of the reasons we may use your data is simply because without it we could not provide our Services. For example, we need access to your phone notifications so that we can alert you to new events. We need access to your location so that we can create an event at your location without you having to fill in the event address. We need your information to create an Account for you and to make your profile visible to your friends. This more broadly allows us to give you access to the App and Services, provide you with User support, make updates and fix bugs, provide you with event creation and viewing services and interactions with other users.
💈 Our legitimate interests
Another reason we may use your data is because Soons has a legitimate interest in doing so. This is the case when we use your data to provide you with a functional, efficient and dynamic, secure App, to improve or develop our Services, to verify the stability and security of the App, to protect your information, to answer one of your questions or send you a survey or feedback request, to help you find friends, or to identify criminal, fraudulent or abusive behavior.
⚖️ Our legal obligations
We may use your information to comply with the law, such as when we need to take steps to prevent and combat abusive, fraudulent, and illegal activities to ensure the protection of our Users.
🙏 Your consent
For some situations, we need to collect your consent before using your data, for example via your phone permissions. This is particularly the case for:
- access to your geolocation so that you can locate yourself on the map or create an event directly where you are
- access to your address book so you can find your friends on Soons more easily.
🛰 5. Who your information is shared with
🔐 No sharing
We do not share the personal information and data you give us with any third parties. Your information is only used by Soons internal departments and will not be given, sold or disclosed to any third parties without your prior express consent. The only instances in which we may share your information are listed below.
🕺 Sharing with other Soons users
We may share the following data with other Soons users:
- Community: your first and last name, date of birth, profile picture, friend list and number of friends are public information that can be seen by the rest of the Soons community.
- Meetups: Anyone who participates in an event where you are also a participant is added to your Meetups. In addition to your public information, they can see the joint events you both attended.
- Friends: In addition to your public information and the information you share with your dates, your friends have access to emojis from events you've done in the past and the number of times you've done each emoji.
- Submit an event: when you submit an event, your current location can be used to fill in the event address if you wish. In this case your current location will only be shared with the guest list you have chosen and no one else. The event is private and you can modify the guest list even after the creation of your event to reduce the number of people who have access to it. This feature does not allow Soons or your guests to follow your location in real time.
- Join Friends: To use this feature you must share your current location. Your current location will be used to fill in the address of a "Join Friends" event that has your entire friends list as guests. The event is also private and you can change the guest list even after the creation of your event to reduce the number of people who have access to it. This feature does not allow Soons or your guests to track your location in real time. You can cancel your event at any time so that the address that corresponds to your current location at the time of the creation of the event is no longer accessible.
- Find Friends: When you allow us to access your address book, we can share information about you with other users who also have your name and phone number in their address book on their phone to make it easier for you to add friends to Soons.
⭐️ Sharing for the purpose of providing the Services
We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, and with our partners who provide certain services and features, for a specific purpose (e.g., technical and hosting providers, sending notifications, handling security incidents) and in compliance with any appropriate security and privacy measures. These service providers and partners may be located outside the European Union and in particular in the United States. Where applicable, we ensure that they implement a level of protection for your information equivalent to that guaranteed by the GDPR.
⚖️ Sharing for legal reasons
We may share information about you for legal reasons, for example:
- If Soons is required to do so by law, regulation, or court order, or if such disclosure is made necessary for the purposes of an investigation, injunction, or legal proceeding, domestically or abroad.
- To protect our rights, property and safety or that of users or others.
- To detect or correct fraud and security problems.
🏛 Sharing for merger or acquisition purposes
If Soons SAS is involved in a merger, asset sale, financing transaction, liquidation or financing transaction, liquidation or bankruptcy or in an acquisition of all or part of its business by another business by another company, we may transfer your information to that company, either before or after the transaction is completed, and that company will process your personal data on behalf of Soons SAS. personal data instead of Soons SAS.
👤 Sharing of anonymized information
We may also share aggregated, non-identifying and anonymized information.
💼 Content and integrations from third party services
Our services may also contain links and redirects to third-party sites, or include integrations that use libraries linked to those services. You may transmit information to them, including personal data. You acknowledge and agree that Soons is not responsible for how such third parties collect and use your information. We strongly encourage you to read the Privacy Policies of any third party services you visit or use, including those with which you interact through our services.
Here is a more specific table on how we share your information with our partners:
⏰ 6. How long we keep your information
The following data is kept for as long as you use Soons:
- Your name, first name and phone number
- Your age and profile picture
- Elements of your address book (and in encrypted form)
- Friend requests, and your friend list
- Your events and messages
- Location data
- Information about your phone and use of Soons.
You can opt out of our services at any time. In this case we will delete your Account and all associated data.
However, we may retain some of your information for a period of time after you close your Account in two scenarios:
- Either for research and statistical purposes, in which case the data will be anonymized and then retained indefinitely.
- Or in order to satisfy legal, accounting or fiscal obligations and in particular, in order to prevent possible illicit behavior after the deletion of your Account.
Here is a more precise table on the time of conservation of your data: Détails ici.
👉 7. Your rights on your data
You have several rights on your information:
Right of access: you can access all the information you share with us for free, most of it is accessible directly from your profile on the app. To access any other information we may have about you, just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Rectify: You can update or correct the accuracy of your information from your Account settings or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Right to Delete: You can delete some of your information yourself directly from the app, for example deleting a friend you added. You can also ask us to delete information about you or your Account by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to object: You can object to our use of your data. A simple way to exercise this right is to delete the information concerned directly from the app. To prevent the use of data necessary for the operation of Soons, you must delete your Account by sending a request to email@example.com.
Right to limit: you can limit the use we make of your data. For example, you may request that we stop using your data for the time necessary to verify the accuracy of the corrections you request.
Response time: we undertake to respond to your requests within a reasonable period of time, which may not exceed one month from the date of receipt of your request.
Right to data portability: you have the right to receive the information you have provided us with in an understandable format.
Verification of your identity: before we can respond to a request to exercise your rights, we may ask you to confirm some information about your Account in order to verify your identity, and even a piece of identification in case of reasonable doubt, for security reasons.
Complaints: If you feel that we are not fulfilling our obligations with respect to your information, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to comply with your rights. You can also file a complaint with the competent authority. In France this is the CNIL, to which you can send a request here.
🍼 8. Minors
Soons is not intended for minors under the age of 13, nor for people who are not old enough to consent to the processing of their data in their home country (e.g. 15 years old in France). You must be of age to use Soons' services. If you are not, you cannot use our services, so we do not retain your data.
If you believe that we have information about someone who is underage, you can let us know by writing to email@example.com.
Any new connection from you to the app implies acceptance of the new Terms, if any, of which the Policy is an integral part.
💌 How to contact us?
You can exercise your rights or contact us with a question at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to our postal address: Soons is located at 5 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, 94160 Saint-Mandé, France.